Further to the adoption of the 2015 Paris Agreement on climate change, the Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 November 2019 on sustainability-related disclosure requirements in the financial services sector ("SFDR") is part of the European Union Action Plan for Financial Sustainable Growth released on 2018 with the aim to:
- Reorient capital flows towards sustainable investment;
- Mainstreaming sustainability into risk management;
- Fostering transparency and long-termism.
The main objective of SFDR is to establish harmonised rules for sustainability-related disclosures and contains transparency obligations on a product and entity level applying, among others, to UCITS and AIF SICAVs and their Management Companies, with the aim to enhance transparency on three main topics:
- Sustainability risks;
- Principal adverse impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors;
- Promotion of environmental or social characteristics and of sustainable investments.
The main provisions of the SFDR apply from 10th of March 2021.
For further information about the approach adopted by BG FUND MANAGEMENT LUXEMBOURG S.A. with reference to sustainability risks and principal adverse impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors, please refer to the sections Sustainability risk and Principal Adverse Sustainability Impacts statement.
Please refer to the section Sustainability-related product disclosure for further information about the sub-funds under management which promote environmental and social characteristics
The product line of BG FUND MANAGEMENT LUXEMBOURG S.A. includes 9 sub-funds which promote, among other characteristics, environmental and social characteristics and qualify under Article 8(1) of Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 November 2019 on sustainability-related disclosure requirements in the financial services sector ("SFDR"):
- LUX IM - ESG AMUNDI Sustainable Alpha
- LUX IM - ESG BNP Paribas Isovol
- LUX IM - ESG GENERALI INVESTMENTS Diversified Strategy
- LUX IM - ESG MORGAN STANLEY Global Multiasset
- LUX IM - ESG ODDO Europe Low Vol
- LUX IM - ESG Sycomore Next Generation
- LUX IM - GENERALI INVESTMENTS ESG European Equities
- LUX IM - Global ESG
- LUX IM - Sustainable Allocation Flex