BG Selection SICAV
Inspired by the success of its multibrand offerings, which over the years have seen the number of partners increase to include the foremost international management firms, in 2008 Banca Generali created BG Selection Sicav, an instrument that builds on the previous multibrand approach to add features that are innovative within the asset management industry.
BG Selection is not just a Luxembourg SICAV that invests in financial instruments; it is also an innovative fund-of-funds system in which funds are selected specifically for you by our professional staff, combining the managerial expertise of the foremost international investment firms in specific markets with the experience of our managers.
In pursuit of the constant innovation and anticipation of market trends that sets the Banca Generali Group apart, the multibrand concept has been further developed by expanding it to include top third-party partners in the SICAV system.
BG Selection Sicav has been enhanced to feature new monobrand sub-funds, managed directly by renowned, highly specialised third-party partners who seek the best possible results by leveraging their strengths.
The advantages of BG Selection Sicav are attributable to the fact that investors can use a single product to benefit from a high degree of diversification at various levels (instruments, markets, strategies, managers and products) thanks to:
- access to the foremost international management firms and most innovative investment strategies;
- a mix of different, complementary investment types and a high degree of geographical diversification between developed and emerging countries; and
- the professionalism and expertise offered by the General Fund Management team and leading management companies, specialised in qualitative and quantitative fund section and the constant monitoring of products in portfolio.
Investment in BG Selection Sicav is simple, customisable and flexible:
- thanks to the ability to switch between sub-funds and the inclusion of a money-market fund in BG Selection Sicav, investors can enter and exit markets rapidly without incurring capital gains tax (which is only applied upon disinvestment and exit from the SICAV);
- it provides the utmost freedom of choice of the amount of investment, according to personal needs and goals;
- customisation includes the ability to invest gradually through savings plans and to decide the duration, amount and frequency of instalments according to personal needs; and
- entry and sub-fund switch fees are flexible, depending on the characteristics of the investment.
The product line consists of 40 sub-funds. 15 actively managed, with fund selection carried out by the BG FUND MANAGEMENT LUXEMBOURG S.A. team:
- 7 global equities and flexible sub-funds (one of which is inversely correlated with the performance of global equities markets)
- 6 equities sub-funds specialized in emerging markets; and
- 1 sub-fund specialized in emerging market bonds
- 1 1 money market sub-fund.
In addition, since 2010 the line has been expanded to include 25 new sub-funds under third-party management.